We salvage many essential items for our operations and buy as little as possible.
Our updated wish list contains items we need as we establish our new home at the Cordoba Center for the Arts in east Durham.
- Industrial fans, box fans, standing room fans
- Working evaporative cooler (swamp cooler)
- Shopping carts
- Tall file cabinets
- Industrial shelving (must be less than 12 feet tall)
- Extension cords (long, heavy duty)
- Music equipment/sound system
- Overhead track lighting
- Power tools in good working order
- Sewing machines in good working order
- Hand tools
- Hand trucks/dollies
- Pallet jacks
- Big rolling carts such as mail carts, c-bins, or gaylord boxes (large cardboard boxes, heavy duty)
- Radiant floor heating
- Volunteer carpenters to help us build shelves and walls
The Scrap Exchange is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, and we will gladly provide you with a tax letter acknowledging your donation.